Maintaining food safety in the food industry is an important issue to address, as foodborne illnesses are not exclusive to hospital settings and can be contracted through food consumption.
There is a variety of food toxins or food-borne diseases that can affect the food production process in all its phases – for example, we refer you to an interesting article published in 2022 in the American Journal of Infection Control.
Every stage of the food production process, from processing to storage and sale, requires adequate hygiene measures to ensure food safety. And to accomplish this, you need to use the best tools.
We at AMIL Care have decided to dedicate a specific article to the Teknobios device, referring in particular to professional figures such as the managers of the purchasing department of the food industries.
How does HACCP sanitization take place?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) is a sanitization procedure designed to protect the health of consumers. It relies on risk analysis to identify and control any contamination risks, such as yeasts, molds, bacteria, or viruses, which could potentially compromise food safety and lead to the spread of disease.
It is essential to prioritize food safety through sustainable treatments that have no lasting effects. Sanitization is the best option to ensure the consumption of high-quality and safe products, and HACCP sanitization products are the most suitable for this purpose.
What is Teknobios?
In this article, we will mention Teknobios, the latest generation micro-nebulizer of ready-to-use solutions, designed to sanitize non-hospital environments, such as hotels, schools, swimming pools, and offices.
Teknobios is a device designed for the most diverse needs, as its design makes it easily adaptable. There are two versions, wall-mounted, with a 5 L tank, or on a trolley, with a 2 L bottle.
The wall version covers from 10 to 5000 m3. Its small size allows it to be positioned on the wall without creating too much space or “safety” obstacles in the workplace; the tank support can be positioned both on the side and below the device itself.
On the other hand, the trolley version covers from 10 to 2000 m3 and is easily transportable, thanks to the 4 wheels and a practical handle that allows it to be moved. Each operator must scrupulously comply with the warnings and instructions provided in the manual, contained within each product.
Teknobios is covered by European, American, and Mexican patents.
Teknobios: the components of the device
Firstly, let’s see together what the components of Teknobios are.
On the machine, in addition to the display, there are two fuses, a flow regulation valve, a switch, the USB key socket for downloading data and updating the software, and a power socket. With Teknobios, it is possible to set up and carry out sanitization, disinfection, and disinfestation cycles.
Together with the machine, the package includes:
- a power cord;
- a USB stick.
Sanibios is a self-drying sanitizer based on active oxygen, with a whitening and anti-stain function, which can be used on all washable surfaces. Its slightly acidic formula favors the polishing of the treated surfaces and the elimination of limescale residues.
There are several versions, compatible with Teknobios:
- Sanibios free, based on 6% hydrogen peroxide;
- Sanibios free, based on 12% hydrogen peroxide;
- Sanibios Ag+, based on 6% hydrogen peroxide and 10 ppm silver sulfate;
- Sanibios Ag+, based on 12% hydrogen peroxide and 10 ppm silver sulfate.
Sanibios is available in 1, 2, or 5 liter formats: Teknobios supports the 5 liter tank and the 2 liter bottle.
Teknobios also supports Lytecare, which has hypochlorous acid as its active ingredient.
Lytecare is safe and effective for direct disinfection of food and contact surfaces, as it ensures that the microbial load is maintained below infectious levels on both food and surfaces in contact with it. It is therefore particularly good for food cooking and eating environments.
Teknobios: how to prepare environments
Before carrying out a treatment, it is necessary to observe some precautions, to ensure that the procedure is safe for everyone.
It is necessary to ensure that the premises are suitable. Indeed, it is necessary to make sure:
- that there are no air extraction systems turned on at the time of treatment. In the event that it is not possible to deactivate the ventilation system, the correction factors can be evaluated based on the characteristics of the system;
- that there are no product leaks in the room to be treated (where necessary, seal the cracks in the doors with adhesive tape);
- to display the notice of treatment in progress outside the premises;
- that the room is dry and clean;
- that there are no people or animals inside the room to be sanitized.
Teknobios: the functioning of the device
Thanks to its design, Teknobios can be easily adapted to different environmental characteristics. The tank can be on the right side of the device or on the bottom.
The first thing to do is to power the device with the supplied cable, equipped with a safety socket. This prevents the cable from being torn off once hooked up; it can be easily released by acting on the socket release system.
Once the device is powered, the display shows the logo and information on the manufacturing company. By clicking on the start button, after typing one of the 8 available passwords, you land on the icon screen.
Teknobios: the icons available
The Teknobios display features six icons, which make the operation of the device extremely intuitive.
- Cycles icon: provides for the customization of the three treatment options, i.e., sanitation, disinfection, and disinfestation. In addition to these cycles, the device also has a washing cycle, which allows the tank to be emptied.
- Alarm icon: in the event of a problem, the alarm icon clearly indicates the ongoing problem, such as in case of insufficient liquid or out-of-range temperature.
- Report icon: in this panel, it will be possible to download the operations already carried out onto the USB stick.
- Delivery icon.
- Settings icon: here you can make configurations to make the device more suitable for your needs, such as activating or deactivating the buzzer, or adjusting the clock, calendar, language, and display brightness.
- Programming icon: programmed cycles can be stored and played back here.
With access as a maintainer or distributor, Teknobios gives the possibility to enter the name of the structure in which it is authorized and to select the preferred unit of measurement between cubic meters and cubic feet, as well as degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit. Furthermore, it is possible to activate or deactivate the options for the Hub version, including the infrared sensor. The device can be equipped with options via a software update via a USB stick.
The scheduling of a cycle is fully customizable, both in terms of the size of the room, the dosage of the chosen product, and the start time of the cycle itself; with weekly scheduling, for example, it is possible to automatically start the previously set program without having to set it every time.
Teknobios: useful information
Teknobios is the answer to sanitization in the industrial, food, cosmetic, and biological sectors.
The features of Teknobios are summarized here:
- Weight: 14 Kg / DIMENSIONS with a tank on the right side (cm): L26 x D55.2 x H40.1
- Weight: 14 Kg / DIMENSIONS with a tank on the bottom (cm): L26 x D37 x H69.8
- Treatable volume: from 10 to 5000 m3
- An early cycle start signal
- Alarm signal
- Unit of measure setting [°C/°F – m3ft3]
- Measuring temperature
- Measurement of relative saturation, relative humidity, and H2o2ppm by volume (optional)
- Touch screen
- Language selection (IT – EN – ES)
- Security log-in with password
- Setting up to 300 programs per type of activity
- 4 validated protocols [1 ml/m- 3 ml/m3- 5 ml/m3- 5+5 ml/m3]
- Possibility to memorize the name of the room, the cubic meters, and the protocol (concentration ml/m3) on each program
- Wash cycle
- Cycle start: immediate – weekly
- Programmable delayed start
- Checking the level of liquid in the bottle
- Insufficient liquid signal
- Activation/deactivation of the buzzer (acoustic signal)
- Adjust the display brightness and screen saver setting
- Saves the datalog of the cycles performed on a USB stick
- Export of cycles performed (datalog) in PDF format report (not editable)
- Upload software update via USB
We just have to remind you that, whatever information you need regarding our products and devices for food sanitization, the AMIL Care staff is available at any time.